Friday 4 December 2009

November -- cold weather, Roald Dahl and a new tattoo

November brought the winter weather (apparently the rainiest London November on record), and scarves, gloves and hats are now regular attire. With our recent announcement that my Australian Visa is in, we are busy planning the transition adventures before the Australian adventures come into full swing at the end of February 2010.

Here are some highlights from November 2009:

Roald Dahl Museum


We spent one rainy Saturday in Great Missenden, a town most known as the home and resting place of beloved author Roald Dahl. There is a museum dedicated to Roald and all of the fabulous characters he created. The building is filled with quotes, interactive writing projects and media, and Quentin Blake illustrations. JT even sat in Roald Dahl's writing chair, where he used to sit with his legs in a sleeping bag, a roll of corrugated cardboard underneath his writing board, and a space heater way too close to many flammable objects.

Tattoo#2

I hopped down to Portobella Road in Notting Hill Gate and got my second tattoo. It should directly translate as "No Fear Warrior", but for all I know it could mean horse's puckered ass, but either way it looks good and is healing nicely. The picture is of the tattoo a week old, smeared in lotion to keep it from drying out.

Hanger Hill Park



The park behind our home has had some incredible mushrooms, must be all the rain. I missed getting a picture of the smurf-home that I saw, but I did get picks of these ones when I revisited.