Monday 19 October 2009

Birthday Weekend

Thursday-- 15 October
After a great 'do-over' lesson (the first observation lesson was my worst ever) attended by my headteacher, he brought me into his office to say, "This isn't working. I'm sorry. I think today needs to be your last day." He had already called in a sub and I was told he'd pay me for the rest of the day and for the Friday. After 7 weeks of spending restless, nightmare filled nights, stressing over lessons, attempting to adjust to English National Curriculum, etc., this was my thanks. So just when I thought things were on the upswing, I was wrong. They say when one door shuts, another one opens...hopefully soon I can see those open doors and walk away from the one that's just been slammed.

Friday-- 16 October
Birthday Dinner

Thai Food in Ealing with friends, followed by chocolate cake at our place afterwards.

Saturday 17th October
Disneyland Paris (A Eurostar Journey away)

My ticket didn't work after Nghi and JT had already made it in. I was very upset at the prospect of missing out while they went in and had fun without me!


Once I'd made it in though, there was no time to waste! It was 6pm and the park closed at 10pm, I didn't want to spend time stalling for photo opps on Main Street!

We made it through Big Thunder Mountain, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Carribean, Teacups, Small World and Space Mountain 2. All were different than the Anaheim Park and Indiana Jones and Space Mountain 2 were true rollercoasters looping and corkscrewing us to nausea heaven.
I was even able to find my own personal Stitch!
A great end to a rough start this birthday. Thanks to all who helped make it special.