Sunday 2 August 2009

My First (...and Possibly Last) Triathlon




I raised almost £200 for WaterAid, which brings fresh, clean drinking water to third-world countries in need while completing my first triathlon in the Mazda London Triathlon 2009. JT was there to support me the whole way. I signed up in January, but didn't really start training until April. As I have a mountain bike that is not made for speed, I'm sure with a better bike my time would've been better, but unfortunately I don't have my bike details. As I finished the swim I was transitioning out of my wetsuit to get to the bike and lost my tracking chip...it just slipped off! (Possibly due to the cooking oil on my ankles in order to aid wet-wetsuit stripping.) I finished, and I guess that was the biggest accomplishment of all.